Galilee Street, Tiberias
South to Ein Gev
About the route
A route from the Sea of Galilee, running south along Route 90, we will pass the Tiberias hot springs, the tent site, Kibbutz Kinneret, Degania A, and Degania B, ascend the bridge of the dam between the Sea of Galilee and Jordan – to our right the holy baptismal site for Christians. We will continue on Road 95 to the intersection of Tzemach, Beit Daniel, and Maagan and turn left in the direction of Road 92 in the direction of Kibbutz Ein Gev. Near the kibbutz sub-horseshoe operation to return in the same way to the finish line in Tiberias.
December 10th 2021
Registration is open!
We have put together for you everything that is important to know ahead of the race
07:30 in the morning – HaBanim Street, Tiberias
The staging center in the city park is within walking distance of the parking lots (instead of signage and directions).
The race stands and services will start operating from 06:00.
Please note: There is no entrance to the complex with weapons, glass bottles, animals, two-wheeled motorized vehicles and bicycles.
The starting line
The starting line is the same for all running assignments:
From HaBanim Street in Tiberias
The arrival time from the assembly area to the take-off area may take about 10 minutes during a load, so plan your progress accordingly.
The measurement of “personal time” will only begin when crossing the starting line.
Jumps from the end of the marathon and the half marathon will start together at exactly 7:30.
Marathon and a half marathon:
The jump sleeve is common to both allotments and entry to it will be by target time (running pace) for both the marathon and the half marathon.
The target time is determined by analyzing information from the runners and previous ability.
A letter indicating the relevant jump sleeve will be printed on the chest number, pacers will wait at the entrance to each jump sleeve.
Entry will only be allowed to the appropriate sleeve!
If there are runners with a different goal time who want to start running together, they will have to get into a sleeve that suits them according to their chest number and only after the jump to meet.
Directions for the route
In order to allow a free, passable and efficient passage for all runners in all the allotments and levels, a number of routes were inserted on the track.
Departure from the starting line from the end of the 10 km will be at 08:05 exactly.
Entrance to the jump-off sleeves starting at 7:45 p.m.
Course of the track:
After leaving the starting line, you will pass near Guy Beach and from there, lanes will be separated. The run will take place adjacent to the left lane on the side closer to the Sea of Galilee.
You can also run on the right lane to the Shikamim station, but please note, the road will be separated by barriers and you will not be able to cross the right lane anywhere.
After a rehabilitation station, all runners must descend to the path around the Sea of Galilee and exit the path at Bernicki Beach
Then reach the horseshoe point and enter the middle lane.
After crossing Bernicki Beach, all runners will follow the right lane (adjacent to the Sea of Galilee) until they return to the water station in Shikamim Square.
From there, the run is only on the right lane next to the Sea of Galilee
End at the end gate on the path near the Sea of Galilee.
Please help and cooperate so that we can have a fun, flowing and quality race for everyone!
The following services will be provided at the site:
You can order a medal with a personal engraving, even after the marathon day by phone: 03-6828889.
Chest numbers and division into leap gates
The runners must stabilize in the jump-off area according to the schedule below, in order to allow an efficient and timely jump-off.
Pacers (rhythm dictators)
In the 44th Winner Tiberias Marathon, pacers from the “Runners with Lawrence” running club will be placed in the starting sleeve, in the relevant places, with the means of emphasizing the target time according to which they will run.
Stand around even if you do not use their services, as this is the right place to stand for those with nearby target times.
Please note: There is no entrance to the compound with weapons, animals, two-wheelers, glass bottles and ashes.
Information for subscribers
From the end of the marathon (42.2 km), half marathon (21.1 km) 10 km will receive a running kit that includes:
• Dry-fit shirt
• Disposable electronic measurement chip chest number
• Discount vouchers, promotions, and benefits
* Receiving a medal at the finish line
• The location of the evaluation will be announced later
• Receipt of an assessment will be possible upon presentation of an identity card and, if necessary, in the case of a participant under the required age, with parental approval.
• Collection of an estimate for additional runners (up to five sets) is conditional on the submission of a power of attorney form.
• Receipt of evaluation and participation in the race is conditional on an electronic signature on the health declaration document (which appears on the website during the initial registration for allotments) and on the delivery of a parent’s certificate, if necessary.
A runner who has not collected the kit by 10.12.2021 will not be able to receive it even after the race.
There may be changes in E&OE
Pleasure, challenge, self-fulfillment, social experience and sporting achievement, bring thousands to participate in the 2021 Tiberias Marathon events.
Standing on the starting line beyond the chosen route and crossing with satisfaction of the finish line, require proper preparation. Participation without proper preparation can result in injury and health damage
Before starting running training
If you have any doubts about your health eligibility to start running training, it is advisable to contact your family doctor or sports doctor and consult him.
- If you have never run long distances, it is advisable to practice under the guidance of a professional. The training program should include training in the heart-lung system and the musculoskeletal system. A training program based on a custom bar of effort should be carried out to avoid an overtraining situation that increases the risk of injury.
- It is recommended to set running goals (distance and time) that match the level of training and physical fitness.
- Participation in a half marathon is recommended for those who have performed at least 3 runs of 10 km in the two previous years.
- Participation in a marathon is recommended after participating in no less than 2 half marathon races in the previous two years.
Injury or illness during the training period
- Any training that has not been performed due to injury or illness requires a return of two days of training back in the training program. It is advisable to consult a professional regarding the most appropriate way to return to the training routine after illness.
- Running with a known injury, which has not healed properly, can aggravate the injury and even cause irreversible damage.
- If in the week before the race you have a disease accompanied by fever, upset stomach or diarrhea, you must avoid participating in the race!
The Ministry of Health recommends being examined by a family doctor or sports doctor before participating in the race
- According to his instructions, the test should include an ECG chart to rule out congenital heart defects.
- A health statement includes a reference to the health condition in the week leading up to the sporting event.
48 hours before the race
- Consume carbohydrates such as pasta, rice, potatoes or bananas.
- It is necessary to salt the food a little more than usual.
- Do not overdo it by drinking coffee and alcoholic beverages.
- Drink 500 cc of water two hours before the jump.
- Drink another 500 cc of water at a slow pace until leaping.
- Make sure you get hours of sleep in general, and especially the night before the race.
During the run
- Drink water at each station.
- The recommended drinking rate is 7 ml / kg / hour for men (for example – a man weighing 70 kg is recommended to drink about half a liter of water per hour) and 6 ml / kg / hour for women. In addition, more About 100-300 ml of water per hour, according to the rate of sweating and depending on the weather conditions *.
- In hot conditions, it is recommended to pour water on the head and body, cool with water spray along the route and increase fluid intake.
- For half marathon and full marathon runners, it is recommended to also consume more salts (salt pills, isotonic drink or gels), in order to prevent the development of sub-sodium in the blood (hypothermia).
- (* In order to estimate the volume of fluid lost during the run can be weighed before and after the run (without clothes, which tend to absorb a lot of sweat).
After the run
- Drink water and eat as needed.
- It is recommended to weigh before and after the run (without clothes, which tend to absorb a lot of sweat), in order to estimate the volume of fluid lost during the run. Every 1 kg drop from the weight before the run requires drinking 1-1.5 liters of water (no more!).
Conduct before and during the run
- Dress in accordance with the expected weather conditions in the race. It is recommended to make dry clothes for changing after the race.
- It is recommended to write personal information on the back of the number tag that will include identifying details: name, telephone number and essential medical details, such as – sensitivity to medications, background diseases (diabetes, asthma, etc.) and more.
- Diabetics are asked to run with a badge or other identification mark, indicating that they have diabetes, and take with them a carb in whatever way they are accustomed to, that will be within reach.
- Asthma patients are asked to run with a badge or other identification mark, which indicates that they have asthma. It is recommended to use the inhaler as needed.
- Stop running on the side of the road and contact one of the medical staff scattered along the track at each appearance of:
* Chest pain
* New and unfamiliar pain
* Abnormal shortness of breath
* Dizziness, nausea, general weakness
If you recognize that one of the other participants is feeling unwell or collapsing, seek medical attention immediately.
Please note that to complete your registration and participate in the race, you must read carefully and sign the health declaration document, which appears when registering on the website.
It is important to emphasize that you must pay attention to your health condition, before participating in the race, and in case of a medical problem you should consult a doctor.
Any change in your health in the days leading up to the race (fever, insomnia, heart problems, vomiting, etc.) requires medical advice.
* Please note that the health declaration must be signed electronically, during the initial registration process only.
There may be changes in E&OE.
- Road 90 from the exit from Tiberias in the direction of Tzemach Square.
- Road 92 from Tzemach to Kursi Square
- Road 98 from the Green Pipe Junction to Maagan Junction
- Road 767 from the Alumot junction to the Kinneret Moshava junction
- Road 7767 from the hostel junction on the Swiss Forest junction.
- Boys Street
- Galilee Street
- Flower Street
- Kishon Street
- Hayarkon Street
- Road 98
- Road 77
- Road 768
- Route 90 understands Shan to the plant
- Route 789
- The green pipe road will be open in both directions and signage will be placed on the site.
The gathering point and the leap
Galilee Street Click to WAZE
It is recommended to arrive at least an hour and a half before the jump and avoid traffic jams.
It is recommended to park in the main parking lot at Guy Beach, but you can reach a variety of parking lots throughout the city.
Waze software should be used which will be updated on roadblocks on the morning of the event.
Main car park – Guy Beach car park – for navigation via Waze
City Garden parking lot
Caesar parking lot
Ben Zakai parking lot
You can park all over the city in blue and white for free on the day of the event!
Vehicles parked along the axes of the running tracks will not be allowed to leave until the end of the event and the opening of the axles.
Information will be provided soon in accordance with police and municipal guidelines
Details of the distribution of trophies to winners (general) according to age categories
Prices and registration dates
These Terms and Conditions are in effect following the guidelines posted on the Website and come to expand and clarify these guidelines.
Participation in races is only allowed for runners who conduct regular training, are under medical supervision, healthy and fit for running.
In choosing to participate in the event, in choosing the allotment in which he will participate and how he will perform the race, it is the responsibility of each participant. Consider, among other things, his state of health, fitness, past training, and personal level.
Runners in all assignments are required to read carefully and electronically sign the health declaration document, which appears during the initial registration procedure on the website.
Runners who have not yet turned 18 on the day of the race, December 10th, 2021, are required to have a parent’s approval in the version that appears on the website when registering for the race through the website.
Ages for participation
Each end of the race has a minimum age to participate. Every registrant must make sure that on the day of the race, December 10th, 2021, he will meet the minimum age requirement for the requested assignment:
- Marathon – 18 and up.
- Half marathon – 16 and over (ages 16-18 subject to parental approval when performing the registration procedure).
- 10 km – 14 and over (ages 14-18 subject to parental approval when performing the registration procedure).
- 5 km- 12 and over (ages 12-18 subject to parental approval when performing the registration procedure).
You can pay for the registration for the race by credit card.
Cancellation and change policy
- Changes and cancellations will be possible until November 11th, 2021, at 13:59, at the email address: Tiberiasmarathon@target-market.co.il Due to cancellation of registration and changes to the end, a handling fee of 20 NIS will be charged.
- After November 11th, 2021, it will not be possible to cancel for any reason, except for a medical problem, by presenting only a medical certificate, which must be forwarded with a request to cancel the registration to the email address: Tiberiasmarathon@target-market.co.il. The cancellation involves the payment of a cancellation fee of NIS 40.
- In exceptional cases, it will be possible to change the track, after November 11th, 2021, at 40 NIS and at the sole discretion of the race production.
- In addition to the treatment fee, a change to a more expensive allotment involves completing the difference and a change to a cheaper allotment will win over the total difference, depending on the cost of the allotment in late registration.
- Refunds for changes and cancellations will be made up to 90 days from the date of approval of the transaction.
- It is possible to enjoy discounts at early registration.
- Event production reserves the right to close registration for this track at any time and at its sole discretion.
The runner must follow the organizers’ instructions, as they appear on the website, in the field, and in any way the organizers choose to pass on these instructions. The guidelines are intended to enable fair and orderly competition for all participants. The organizers and officials, may disqualify runners who acted unsportsmanlike or contrary to the guidelines, or endangered themselves or other athletes. These runners will not be refunded the participation fee.
The runner has the responsibility and personal commitment to his health condition and the possible consequences if his medical condition does not allow for the required effort during the race. Should the need arise, the runner should consult a qualified medical professional regarding medical problems that may endanger his health during the race.
The runner must wear the chest number on the front of his shirt. Runners who do not wear chest numbers will not be able to enter the start/finish areas.
Electronic mats for measuring intermediate times and race checkpoints will be placed along the tracks. It is mandatory to go over these rugs. A runner who is not absorbed into the system may be disqualified.
Running along the route takes place on a road only, do not get on sidewalks or traffic islands.
Do not accompany the runners, by bicycle or by any other vehicle, and do not accompany them on the run. These may jeopardize their disqualification.
The finish lines in the various races will be locked after the start signal is played on each of them, according to the dates as follows
- Marathon – 6 hours
- Half marathon – 3 hours
- 10 km – 1:40 hours
- 5 km- 1 hour
Runners who run at a slower average pace at various points on the track are asked to get on the sidewalks and may be asked to stop running, contact the team on the spot, and evacuate to the finish area. Competition management will not necessarily be able to track runners who are running at a slower pace than specified and is not responsible for the safety of these runners along the track and at the finish line.
The results for the winners in the overall ranking will be determined according to the starting signal. In the other categories, the personal time will be determined according to the start signal from the personal badge (given to each runner at the moment of crossing the starting line).
The results are determined by the year of birth and not by the exact date of birth of the runner.
Winners in the various categories will be awarded trophies or a similar prize. An additional gift may be distributed to some of the winners, at the sole discretion of the organizers.
Athletes may file a written appeal of the results with the event secretariat, located behind the ceremonial stage at the marathon complex, until approximately 30 minutes after the end of the event in question. Filing the appeal involves the payment of NIS 100, which will be refunded to the appellant only if his appeal is accepted.
The participants are informed that the event is filmed and documented in photos and video. The registration and participation constitute consent and confirmation on the part of the participant that the organizers, or anyone on their behalf, may use this documentation for marketing and advertising purposes in the media, at their discretion.
The organizers may cancel the event and/or make changes to it due to safety or security considerations, instructions from competent authorities, emergencies, extreme weather, or other events that at the organizers’ discretion justify such cancellation/change.
The organizing committee may close the registration date earlier than indicated on the official marathon website, and depending on the number of registrants.
The organizers may update the information on this site, and the participant must follow these updates.
There may be changes